Making chocolates at home can indeed be a fun experience. Almost every home nowadays has a microwave, which has made the process even easier. The best part about making chocolates at home is that you can customize them as you like. You can use fruit essence in them along with lots of healthy dry fruits to make them as per your liking; moreover, different molds can be used to give them any shape depending on the occasion they are meant for.
Now most people would question, “Why make dry fruit chocolates at home when you can go out and get a gift-wrapped box.” It will be quicker and consume a lot less time. The best part about making chocolates at home is that you can cook them as per your taste, and you know that they are not adulterated. For all those who wish to make chocolates at their home at least once, given below is a basic recipe:
- 1 cup of milk powder
- 3 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 1-2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of almond and cashew powder
- ¼ cup of milk
- In a microwave safe bowl take 1 cup of milk powder.
- To it add ½ a cup of icing sugar and the almond and cashew powder for taste.
- To the above mixture add cocoa powder and ¼ cup of milk followed by 2 teaspoons of butter.
- Now mix everything along with 2 tablespoons of condensed milk.
- Microwave the mixture for about 4 minutes, stirring the mixture after 2 minutes.
- Now grease a plate with butter and transfer the mixture to it. Allow it to set for nearly an hour.
- Cut the pieces equally and serve.
You can use chopped nuts to add a gritty texture to the chocolates. Peanut butter can also be added to the mixture to make a delicious combination. Use your imagination and make some great and different combinations. Try it with your kids once they loved every part of it. They would forever remember the excitement and joy of this activity.